Wrath of Caine Review

Pusha T's latest drop is entitled " Wrath of Caine".  And it is aptly titled; Pusha spits with a fury and passion that I can honestly say didn't come across on "Fear of God". I had high expectations for this tape after hearing "Blocka" (Still one of the hardest Pusha tracks to date). The Jamaican vibe throughout the the mixtape is pretty sick too. Pusha is always on point lyrically and this time he actually makes you care/ want to listen to his bars. Throughout the tape Pusha actually paints a picture and tells the story of his life, which includes his time spent dealing and his rise to fame. One of my favorite tracks of the the album is "Revolution". The feeling of nostalgia that hit me upon hearing Pusha on a Neptunes track again is indescribable. It definitely brought me back to the "Lord Willin" days and it is one of the best examples of story telling on the tape. Other notable tracks include "Doesn't matter", "Only you can tell it", and "Take My Life" which has the coolest sample on the tape. This tape will leave fans expectantly waiting for Pusha T's solo debut album "My Name Is My Name". "Wrath of Caine" deserve at least a few listens, definitely one of the best mixtapes of 2013. The Trenchtown rockers give it a 8.5/10. Stream and download the tape below via Datpiff


Comments

Popular Posts