Any Given Sunday: Cole's Back

I finally gave J.Cole's Any Given Sunday mixtape a full listen through. And I must say I am impressed, this is the same Cole that we heard on Friday Night Lights. I had high expectations for him since I still believe he dropped the best mixtape last year. And I have to say that everything I've heard from him this year has been on point. This is supposed to be a weekly project and I have to say that is a brilliant idea. In the same vein as Kanye's Good Friday series, this is sure to be a hit. These days people like anything free and if it happens to be album quality tracks people will love it.  I'm really feeling "Knock on Wood" where he freestyles over Common's "Go". And I love the soulful production and the lazy flow that he spits over this 5 track EP. What really gets me are the hooks. Too many good things to say about this weeks release. I can honestly say I'm more excited for next week's release than for WTT. Stream it below:

Ttownrock

Comments

Popular Posts